WHO AM I?
My name is Linda Karlsson. I’m a Swedish digital native based in Los Angeles, CA, with over 7 years of international experience within digital production, project management and creative & social marketing. I pride myself as a problem solver and I thrive working with cross-functional teams to realize projects to their full potential. I'm always curious and I think being nice is the coolest thing you can do.
WHAT AM I UP TO?
2019/PRESENT: APPLE MUSIC, SENIOR CREATIVE CONTENT PRODUCER
2018: MEDIAMONKS LOS ANGELES, CREATIVE DIGITAL PRODUCER
MediaMonks is the most awarded creative production company on the planet. As a Creative Producer for their largest clients, I worked in close collaboration with the client teams to develop top notch digital content, projects and campaigns. I managed cross-functional talent operating across time zones and technologies on a global scale, leading our deliverables from idea through production to delivery, shaping our projects into a joint success for us and our clients.
- Co-lead an international team of 35+ digital creators operating in three continents, in the production of100+ digital assets (animations, videos, designs) weekly.
- Oversee and coordinate the full production cycle through briefing, creation and delivery. I waa responsible for scheduling resources and prioritizing assignments for everyone on our team.
- Manage client contact and feedback, coordinate new and runnings projects between our international offices, and make sure we nail deadlines and exceed expectations.
- Manage creative workflow and production process, and foresee possible planning and production issues, always evaluating and improving projects for everyone involved.
Q1-Q4 2017: TALENT MANAGER - SHELLEY MULSHINE
I've freelanced as a Talent Manager and Producer Shelley Mulshine, a Swedish/American social media influencer. I managed Shelley’s brand collaborations, to find relevant brands that fits her audience. With over 500.000 followers on Facebook and Instagram, a monthly growth of 6% and an avg. engagement of 13% we successfully collaborated with brands such as Philips, Urban Ears, Nike, Dr Denim, VICE Magazine, ELLE Magazine, Glamour Paris, Peroni, Snapple and many more.
Q2 2016-Q4 2016: VICE MEDIA - SOCIAL & DIGITAL CONTENT PRODUCER
VICE Media is the world’s largest youth media company. For their in-house strategy division, VIRTUE, I worked with the extensive content production for their global clients. Responsible for overseeing and improving the internal creative production process, I managed cross-functional teams with the goal to maximize efficiency and to ensure high-quality content that was always delivered on time.
- Lead project running and production of 100+ weekly deliverables across an international team, covering 50+ markets for one of the largest brands in the world, and to grow the VICE/VIRTUE global network of social media influencers and contributors.
- Drive and improve overall production process, while finding ways to optimize workflow for both internal and external teams, and ensure delivery on time and on budget.
- Manage creative process across departments. As the main client contact I defined deadlines and deliverables, coordinated resources, managed delivery and handled feedback, keeping all stakeholders informed at all times.
- Ensuring brand relevancy and quality of all content. Alongside Strategists I developed brand profiles, strategic decks and guidelines to ensure everyone working on the project had all information needed to do a good job.
Q3 2015-Q2 2016: GOOGLE MUSIC - MUSIC CURATOR
As a curator and programmer for Google Music I took part in shaping the library structure and content, mainly focusing on the Nordic market. I developed strategic guidelines and methods to optimize the experience for users with the main goal of broadening the local content and making the overall experience of the service more personalized.
- Gather data on user behavior and analyze the performance of our content.
- Design playlists for various genres, moods and situations, and curate a large number of localized playlists.
- Conduct research on relevant trends within the music streaming industry.
- Write relevant and engaging copy for localized playlist, and develop artwork for each deliverable.
Q4 2012-Q3 2015: RADJA SOUND DESIGN AGENCY - STRATEGIC PRODUCER
RSDA is a global audio branding agency that creates sonic strategies for brands to build and strengthen their communication through sound and music. As a Strategic Producer, my main responsibility was to analyze our client’s goals and drive the development of brand enhancing sound profiles, and to identify new areas of business.
- Oversee production while managing content, digital deliveries and assets. I defined project scope and framework, and created creative briefings for internal teams and creative contributors.
- Review our client’s marketing goals and, together with my team, develop strategic recommendations on how to create a sound profile that matches their brand.
- Identify new business opportunities, research industry trends and approach potential clients and collaborators.
- Build and curate numerous playlists, customized to fit different brands, genres and moods.
- Design website, newsletter, logo and other graphic content.
- Curate social channels with relevant editorial and visual content.
WHAT CAN I DO?
English, Danish, Norwegian (fluent, full professional proficiency)
HTML/CSS (basic knowledge)
I’VE GOT MASTER SKILLS IN:
PC + MAC, MICROSOFT OFFICE + MAC EQUIVALENTS, ADOBE (Photoshop, Acrobat), GOOGLE (Drive, Docs, Sheets, Analytics, Ads & other tools), SOCIAL MEDIA, BLOG & OTHER ONLINE/DIGITAL PLATFORMS.
MY MAIN INTERESTS:
The World Wide Web ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Music & people (preferably in combination)
Popular science & culture, new tech and the future
What do I want to do?
What am I not?
Mean, grumpy or jealous. I'm not that tall either.
What can I not do?
Stop over-eating pears, avoid laughing while watching this or deny that Sean Paul probably is my biggest guilty pleasure.